Yes, Periscope is fairly new with about a 100 million users and slightly over one year old. This live streaming video service is a complete game changer. Just when we thought that mobile usage was already crazy, studies have shown that people seem to be living in their screens more then their own life and Periscope just takes it one step further. I would be foolish to not mention other live video streaming services such as Meerkat and Blab.
Literally being able to see people’s lives through their eyes, or should I say mobile phones is what Periscope offers. Not only is this amazing, but it is absolutely a huge marketing tool to connect and get in front of the right customer. Whether you are a tour guide and want to build a following using Periscope to give your virtual customer a tour of some of the most sought after places in the world or you are an auto dealership that is taking your “new owner nights” to epic proportions by sending out a friendly email to your customer data base through CRM that invites them to tune in as you will be showing them some basic car maintenance pointers, Periscope offers you endless options and in real-time.
Here are some basic pros and cons of live streaming with Periscope:
1. LIVE and immediate interaction with your audience
2. Fun and highly addictive
3. Offers ability for you to have your own live virtual tv channel
4. Provides a platform for you to repurpose all of your content and use Periscope to put the little sprinkle on top
5. Immediate gratification
1. USES a ton of data and battery power if not connected to Wifi
2. Not as popular in certain geographic areas. (Again, as an early adopter, this app is growing and becoming more and more prominent as live video streaming is here to stay.)
3. Certain functionalities of the app need improving like stopping the broadcast and switching the screen around
4. May cause a little anxiousness for people who are camera-shy but also kind of a good thing as it is good practice for you to dominate the stage!
As you can see, this app is worth checking out and giving it a whirl! I can tell you that doing a few scopes here and there has provided a increase to my blog subscribers and my overall digital footprint. Please check out the app and see what it can do for you and your business!
Any questions or comments, say hello to me here