I hear it all the time, ” What should I bring?”. The ultimate question when invited over for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This yummy Lemon Yogurt Dip with Spicy Scallions & Roasted Red Peppers will impress everyone. The best part? If you don’t have or like red peppers you can easily substitute with roasted nuts or even garlic. Make this dish yours! This dip is best to dive into with pita chips, crackers or crunchy bread. If you are planning on making this is a kid-friendly dish hold back on the heat. What you bring will be the star of any gathering. Happy dipping!!!
Make it with LOVE & Enjoy.
Lemon Yogurt Dip with Spicy Scallion & Roasted Red Peppers
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp red chilli flakes
4 tbsp olive oil
2 cups full-fat Greek yogurt or coconut
Dash salt & pepper
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 roasted red pepper, sliced
Crusty bread, for dipping
1. In a small saucepan over medium, heat oil. Drop-in chilli flakes and quickly add the green onions. The addition of the onions will keep the chilli flakes from burning. Stir and add salt and pepper. Set aside and let cool.
2. Slice roasted red peppers. For a time saver peppers can be store-bought and kept in the fridge for dishes just like this one.
3. In a medium-size bowl mix yogurt, lemon juice and a dash of salt.
4. Using a large shallow plate and spoon out yogurt mix in the middle of the plate. Use the back of a large spoon and start to spread the yogurt outwards in a swirling motion. You want to make sure most of the surface of the plate is covered.
5. Spread out the red peppers on the yogurt and then drizzle that yummy spicy scallion oil all over.
6. Toast up some yummy bread and dip away!!!!