In this episode of The Ryan Holtz Show, I talk about nice feet and how that could be a way to gage someone’s character. I also give three tips to use social media and digital marketing to increase “foot” traffic to your next event. I would love to know what you think and if feet are really that important what they do actually say about a person. I also chat about how nobody likes an advertisement and the trick to great marketing is inbound and position your product or brand to be in front of the client or customer when they are in the market for your product or service.
A Healthy Dose Of Automotive Contextual Digital Marketing, “SEO” & Data
“Contextual marketing refers to online and mobile marketing that provides targeted advertising based upon user information, such as the search terms they’re using or recent web-browsing activity.”
1. Learn the strategy behind contextual marketing
2. Understand how to track and monitor what car buyers are doing during their “discovery” stage
3. Learn how to setup heavily targeted ads that get served to a customer at the appropriate time
4. Understand how to syndicate our social media targeting with our display advertising
5. Learn how to attain rich data sets to better understand exactly what our customer is doing prior to saying hello
6. Understand why and how contextual marketing enables marketers to deliver more relevant, meaningful content that helps win new conversions and engender their long-time loyalty.
7. LIVE demo of a contextually delivered ad with a distinct conversion goal
This workshop is suited for intermediate to advanced staff including Dealer Principals, Sales Managers & Marketing Personnel. Personnel from the dealership attending this workshop should understand what their current dealership’s marketing strategy is and what the dealership’s online marketing goals are. As always, bring an award winning attitude, clear mind and a sense of humour!
Click here to register.
In this episode of The Ryan Holtz Show, I interview Beverley Theresa. Beverley is a sassy and unconventional social media strategist who literally is everywhere online and truly loves marketing and based here in Edmonton. I wanted to interview Beverley because she brings RAW to marketing and I love it. We chatted about vanity metrics and and traditional vs digital media. SHADE as Beverley made me aware in the podcast by pointing out that I must be old if I do not understand what this terms is, lol.
Here is a summary of what we chatted about:
Vanity metrics on social media
– buying followers or focusing too much on followers
– social media marketers hash-tagging every single word that doesn’t even convert or have anything to do with the post so they can try and get more likes
– social media and advertising examples courtesy of Realtors
Social media cliques
– someone who said Edmonton is like a clique and it’s hard to break in, which i kind of agree on, but it’s like that in every city
– getting mad if someone doesn’t respond to you on social media
– in the end just talk to people, because, they’re people
Uh Oh! Platforms, wires, people huddled together trying to get those extra few bars of battery life at the airport. This truly is the digital connection economy. Hopping on an airplane witnessing passenger reactions when flight attendants tell them no monitors are available to view shows. Their only option is to download the app and view on their laptop, iPad or smart phone device is sobering to say the least. For the “millennial” this is just normal life, but as a fellow entrepreneur and marketer, I wonder how they feel or how I would feel if I was in their position. Needless to say, this is our new reality, so let’s make the most of it.
When talking sales or execution of a marketing strategy, the funnel is always brought up. What people tend to forget is the way someone comes into the funnel has completely changed. They are entering the funnel wayyyyyy before they meet you, they are entering digitally on their own terms, in their own time. This is HUGE! Does social media sell and what the hell is the ROI? Well, those are great questions, but it is accurate to say that social media, search and display are the beginning stages of the trust cycle, so if you want to say hello to your customer, I suggest you get social and start building trust. By doing this, I do not mean come outta the gate swinging and asking them to buy your sh*t, but rather to establish some value and authority in your chosen space.
Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube are known as social media networks, but make no mistake, they are platforms where people spend a ridiculous amount of time and breath on. We call these platforms, and there are three main stages to platforms: traction, maintaining and expansion. Out of these three, traction is the hardest. Think about trying to lose weight, hardest part is literally getting started. This is part of human nature, if we do not see immediate results or get the desired reactions from our pees, we often dismiss our initial reasons for starting out on the venture. Traction is social media or plat forming is no different as it takes time, dedication and constant thumb exercise. Hah did you get that joke? Are you thumbs hurting? I know mine are!
When tackling you’re your social media strategy for your real estate company or automotive dealership, think of it as a going on a date for the first time. The initial first 5 minutes of the interaction will often likely determine the outcome of what that encounter will look like as it goes on. Ask yourself how you can provide value and gain trust with your customer when making posts or curating your content. Remember, this is not a game, it is all about interacting with people! People are not dumb, they know when someone is trying to sell them, stop it! Seth Godin say’s it best, we are in a permission economy!
Get out there and build some trust!
Come say hi to me.
Edmonton | Thursday, September 22
Calgary | Friday, September 23
Did you know that people watch LIVE Video 3x more then normal video?
1.Overview of Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, Snapchat Stories
2.Live video consumption stats compared against all major media outlets
3.Best practices & tips for how to implement inside of the dealership
4.Extensive content plan to keep your dealerships marketing and sales objectives in line with your “LIVE” audience
5.Some equipment suggestions to put that “professional” touch on your “Live” broadcasts
6.Examples of other dealers who are using Live Streaming to increase sales both in service and sales departments
This one day workshop would be useful for sales managers, service managers, dealer principles and marketing personnel. To ensure success and value, make sure that you have a basic understanding of Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat platforms and have dealership accounts created! As alway’s there will be emphasis on GROUP participation and therefore expect to be apart of the conversation and activities.
*Please note, copyright belongs to Casey Neistat YouTube Channel*
I seen it coming! This all new update is a brilliant move by Instagram for several reasons! Being that Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook offered to purchase snapchat and was snubbed ultimately led to this. With Facebook’s current database of 1.5 billion and counting and Instagram with 500 million plus, this makes marketers, companies and people who have a substancial following on Instagram that much more drawm to use the platform.
What is Instagram Stories and How Does It Work?
In a nutshell, it allows you to take snapshots of your everyday activities and use emoji’s and various text to animate and have fun! Again, just like snapchat stories, they last 24 hours. To get a detailed description click here as Instagram beautiful lays out how stories works.
Now, first thing I thought was “good grief, another platform to keep up with and when in a live moment I want to share, how do I choose?” Well, after spending some good time I must admit I load up my live stories into Instagram and then download onto my Iphone Camera roll and syndicate through my camera roll onward to Snapchat memories. Some would call this a “snapchat sell-out” but for me, time is valuable, but I still want to maintain a presence on both.
Being a marketer and marketing agency owner, it is my opinion that Instagram stories is a massive opportunity to connect with your customers and friends in a much more intimate and authentic way ultimately increasing the bottom line. That being said, we cannot ignore how big Snapchat is and the young demographic that represents so much of our beautiful millennials.
To close this post, I suggest companies and people use both and figure out a good balance in your social selling strategy.
Come say hi on Instagram to me here and tell me what you think!
Using Snapchat while traveling is a must! Recently, I was in the Amalfi Coast, Italy and had several people message me telling me certain places to visit and see. It really gave me a custom experience in my travels throughout Europe!
3 Snapchat tips:
1. Snapchat first thing in the morning telling people what your day looks like.
2. Ask your snapchat following a question like: “Where have you traveled?”
3. Try to add Geo-filters to the snapchat because it really authenticates where you have been!
4. Bonus tip: just follow me @RyanHoltz1
Overall, the beauty of snapchat is you can really get a different experience overall rather than just going somewhere. I had over 5,000 messages and snaps of people telling me where and what to experience. What ultimately was great, was local business in Europe that were locked into snapchat beefed up the experience tremendously!
MUST ATTEND Facebook Advertising Workshop For Small Businesses!
Join Internationally Recognized Marketer and Speaker Ryan Holtz as he hosts a workshop teaching you how to grow your business using Facebook Ads that are strategic, well thought out and catered to what your customers are looking for! Ryan services clients ranging from Jiffy Lube to Ford and is a regular tv and magazine contributor along with many other credentials.
You will learn how to:
1. Setup your business Facebook fan page
2. How to remarket to your existing database
3. The difference between the many different Facebook Ad options
4. Custom design your page to appeal
5. How to integrate your website with Facebook Apps
6. Generate reviews on your page to help establish your online reputation
7. Launch ads right from Facebook pages
8. Geo target by location and interest to new customers
Call or Text 780.218.5899 to register.
Where: In the heart of downtown on 104 street at Kristin Zabos Photography Studios (#217 10113 – 104 street)
When: Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:30am – 12:30pm
Cost: $69 investment which includes a catered lunch and your beautifully reserved spot! (All major credit cards accepted with receipt of payment provided.)
Many people are looking to take the plunge into starting a business. In 2016, literally anyone with an internet connection and smart phone has the opportunity to launch their own empire, literally from their house. In this video, I talk about why I started a business and the opportunities it has given me.
Below are 5 tips for starting a business:
1. Find your passion and fill a need
2. Be you and be authentic
3. Save 6 – 12 months worth of money so that if your business takes time to grow, you do not feel pressure from bills etc.
4. Talk to your partner about it as they are key in your success
5. Provide VALUE as nobody cares about you and your business, but more so how they benefit
Let me know if you have a job or your own business. if you found value, please like, comment and share!
With Instagram growing faster than any other social platform and search down 6% it is time to diversify your digital marketing strategy!
Edmonton | February 4, 2016
Calgary | February 5, 2016
We will learn how to:
1. Setup periscope for the dealership
2. Setup Instagram advertising and an account for the dealership
3. Go over case studies and examples of how both Periscope and Instagram can be used in the dealership daily to market and connect with customers both in sales and service
4. Go over content creation and graphic design to ensure your visuals will be noticed by car buyers
5. Review of best practices for both Periscope and Instagram
6. Psychology as to why Instagram has almost 30 times the engagement rate of Facebook and why Periscope has taken off allowing people to see the world all through your mobile device in real time
7. Review of digital spend and overall integration into your current digital strategy
BE PREPARED by:
1. Having both periscope and Instagram downloaded on your mobile device
2. A rough draft of your current digital strategy
3. Having a mobile phone charged and ready
4. A great and fun attitude as this will be full of participation and group fun